Thank you for taking action: Donate to support grassroots climate campaigning
Friends of the Earth's Act on Climate collective and allies have led an inspiring community campaign for science-based Emissions Reduction Targets.
Together we have taken a niche policy issue and made it the focal point of climate action in Victoria. We have established "<1.5°C" as the litmus test for the government's targets.
Now as we wait for the announcement of the Emissions Reduction Targets, we're already getting cracking and have launched our project to write a People's Climate Strategy for Victoria... Will you make a donation and help us during this critical period?
With your support we will set expectations for the acceptable level of ambition, and connect with communities all over Victoria to write a People's Climate Strategy that represents the diversity of our state and presents the solutions we can embrace to tackle the climate crisis. Your contribution is tax-deductible and will help us:
- Secure media stories to educate the public about an acceptable level of climate policy ambition.
- Hold online forums detailing how Victoria can deliver science-based targets that help keep global warming below 1.5°C and decarbonise every region and economic sector to meet those targets.
- Highlight those who benefit from climate action, such as wind workers, to dampen the Murdoch media's predictable attack on Victorian efforts to tackle the climate crisis.
- Coordinate a rapid response to the announcement of the Emissions Reduction Targets when it comes.
- Reconnect with Labor MPs to ensure they're aware of the strong community support for science-based targets and the benefits it will bring Victoria, as well as updating them on our plans to write the People's Climate Strategy for Victoria.