Thank you for taking action: Donate to support grassroots climate campaigning
Friends of the Earth's Act on Climate collective and allies have led an inspiring community campaign for science-based Emissions Reduction Targets.
Together we have taken a niche policy issue and made it the focal point of climate action in Victoria. We have established "<1.5°C" as the litmus test for the government's targets.
The Emissions Reduction Targets campaign will end when the government makes its announcement... Will you make a donation and help us during this critical period?
With your support we will set expectations for the acceptable level of ambition, coordinate a rapid response to the announcement, and prepare our exciting new follow-up campaign. Your contribution is tax-deductible and will help us:
- Secure media stories to educate the public about an acceptable level of ambition.
- Hold online forums detailing how Victoria can deliver science-based targets that help keep global warming below 1.5°C.
- Highlight those who benefit from climate action, such as wind workers, to dampen the Murdoch media's predictable attack on Victorian efforts to tackle the climate crisis.
- Coordinate a rapid response to the announcement when it comes.
- Reconnect with Labor MPs to ensure they're aware of the strong community support for science-based targets and the benefits they will bring Victoria.