Thank You for Taking Action: Donate to Help Secure Victoria's Climate Targets
Friends of the Earth's Act on Climate collective is on a mission to secure Victoria's climate targets and much more...
Our campaign must regain momentum after the state government announced a delay to Emissions Reduction Targets... Will you make a donation and help us ramp things up?
With your support we will champion the call for the Labor government to set science-based targets that contribute towards the Paris Agreement goal of keeping global warming below 1.5°C—an outcome that would:
- Accelerate the rollout of renewables and create jobs.
- Increase investment in sustainable transport.
- Require greater protection of forests and the natural world.
- Help protect communities from intensifying impacts.
With the Morrison government refusing to tackle the climate crisis, now more than ever we need Victoria to show leadership. Your contribution is tax-deductible and will help us:
- Support communities impacted by climate change and bring their voices into the debate.
- Lobby members of parliament on the consequences of failing to rein in emissions and benefits of action.
- Put the Climate Blockers on the back foot with creative actions.
- Secure media stories on the targets that meet 1.5°C challenge.
- Engage with allies across the union movement, renewable energy sector, and community space to demonstrate the broad coalition of support for tackling the climate crisis.
The community campaign for science-based targets will continue. We will fight for climate justice for all Victorians.