Chip in to the Act on Climate Fighting Fund
Friends of the Earth Melbourne's Act on Climate collective is a community-driven campaign. With the Federal government failing to on climate change, we're fighting for Victoria to become a national leader when it comes to reining in emissions and dealing with climate impacts.
But we have work to do and need your help...
Despite delivering stronger climate laws, a fracking ban, and renewables target in 2017, the Labor government's record on climate change has been dampened by recent decisions to extend coal licences, open up the southwest coast to offshore gas development, and failure to invest in climate change action in the 2018-19 budget.
Across the isle, the Liberal National party have pledged to scrap the Victorian Renewable Energy Target if elected and currently have NO PLAN to tackle climate change.
With your support we'll be rolling out grassroots actions to get all parties backing climate solutions.
There's no shortage of fun, creative, and strategic ideas in the Act on Climate collective. By making a donation today you'll ensure we can:
- Highlight the impacts of climate change on communities across Victoria.
- Press all political parties to adopt strong climate change policies to rein in emissions and invest in climate action.
- Support communities on rural and regional areas and ensure their voice is heard on the issue.
- Hold climate blockers to account whoever and wherever they may be.
- Build the skills and capacity of the community members that make up the Act on Climate team!