We're all faced with rising power prices. Power bills are putting an ever growing strain on families and businesses. Meanwhile climate change is now affecting farmers and the region.
How is the Ararat region impacted by climate change and what solutions are there for safe future?…
Friends of the Earth's Act on Climate campaign and partners are proud to present the Ararat 'Climate & Energy Solutions Forum’ to take a look!
THIS FREE COMMUNITY EVENT ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 26 WILL:
- Provide simple steps for households and businesses to save on power bills.
- Lift the hood on the real causes of electricity price rises.
- Present success stories from communities on the front line of the transition from coal to clean renewable energy.
- Look at what's happening in the region in terms of climate change.
- Discuss existing climate change solutions in the region.
- Have a Q & A session to answer all your questions.
With the help of the Ballarat Trades Hall we’ll have free snags (+ the veggie variety!), snacks, and beverages. Come along, grab some food, and hear what these great speakers have to say.
- Dylan McConnell, University of Melbourne Climate & Energy College
- Jack Noonan, Sustainability Victoria
- Leigh Ewbank (MC), Friends of the Earth
- More speakers to be announced soon...
- Sustainability Victoria
- University of Melbourne’s Climate & Energy College
- Ararat Landcare Group,
- Upper Hopkins Land Management Group
- Ararat Greenhouse Action Group
- Ballarat Regional Trades Hall
- Maryborough Community House
- Voices of the Valley
273 Barkly St
Ararat, Victoria 3377
Google map and directions